Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Turtles

Oriental 1

Oriental 2

Before going back to school in Columbia, I stopped in St. Louis for a few days to visit Zach. I told him about the photos I took in India and London of the different markets and butcher shops. He remembered an Oriental grocery store in St. Louis that would add something to my collection. The store layout was similar to those of other grocery stores, it was the small details that made the difference. Walking through the meat department, I noticed signs for all parts of different animals, nothing was wasted. Pig liver, chicken feet and packages that had an assortment of parts of the animals filled the aisle. I think it's so interesting what different cultures and religions eat. I am obsessed with the travel channel because I love the shows that look at the different foods from around the world. I am excited to expand on this project about butcher shops and grocery stores around the world.

No comments:

A little info.

My photo
I am recent graduate of the University of Missouri, majoring in photojournalism. Right now, I am a photo intern at The Dallas Morning News. Last year, I attended the Danish School of Media and Journalism in the International Photojournalism program. I love the journey of working on a photo story, the destination is never what was predicted.

ALL PHOTOS ARE THE PROPERTY OF EVE EDELHEIT, The Dallas Morning News, The Peoria Journal Star, The Chautauquan Daily. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. © 2008-2012 EVE EDELHEIT, THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, THE PEORIA JOURNAL STAR, THE CHAUTAUQUAN DAILY.