Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Picture Story #5-Jay & Hurn Reading

Finding a subject is always an interesting process. Sometimes things easily fall into your lap and other times it feels like you're running a marathon that simply will not end. One of the points I agree with from the reading is always hvaing a notebook with you, because they are absolutely correct in saying that during the quiet moments, great ideas will come to you. In Denmark, I always carried a moleskin with me and during my bus rides to class, I came up with some of my strongest ideas.

Another important point that was brought up in the reading was how visual a subject could be. Sometimes, I come up with a great idea and try to push for its quality as a story. But in the end, the story is better in words and lacks visual variety and content to be a strong photo story. It's important as a photojournalists to always look for the visual potential in a story before getting in so deep, that you are grasping for photos that simply aren't there.

No comments:

A little info.

My photo
I am recent graduate of the University of Missouri, majoring in photojournalism. Right now, I am a photo intern at The Dallas Morning News. Last year, I attended the Danish School of Media and Journalism in the International Photojournalism program. I love the journey of working on a photo story, the destination is never what was predicted.

ALL PHOTOS ARE THE PROPERTY OF EVE EDELHEIT, The Dallas Morning News, The Peoria Journal Star, The Chautauquan Daily. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. © 2008-2012 EVE EDELHEIT, THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, THE PEORIA JOURNAL STAR, THE CHAUTAUQUAN DAILY.