Friday, January 15, 2010

Familiar.

Just 6 months after my last visit, I am back in Hyderabad. With this visit, I am experiencing a new feeling of familiarity. The same faces greet me in J.C. Reddy's Chicken shop and the meat stalls at Charminar. I am greeted by the same beautiful scenery that unfolds before me on the way to the orphanage. I was explaining my new feelings to a friend at home and she said, "Oh that's the best feeling. When you finally exist." I am now a familiar face. Not just another person passing through. I was walking through our neighborhood and recognized a few of the younger boys playing hide and go seek. Laughing interrupted their counting as a I joined in the game for a few rounds.

I am so happy to be back in Hyderabad.


Ready or Not

Ready or Not 2

No comments:

A little info.

My photo
I am recent graduate of the University of Missouri, majoring in photojournalism. Right now, I am a photo intern at The Dallas Morning News. Last year, I attended the Danish School of Media and Journalism in the International Photojournalism program. I love the journey of working on a photo story, the destination is never what was predicted.

ALL PHOTOS ARE THE PROPERTY OF EVE EDELHEIT, The Dallas Morning News, The Peoria Journal Star, The Chautauquan Daily. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. © 2008-2012 EVE EDELHEIT, THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, THE PEORIA JOURNAL STAR, THE CHAUTAUQUAN DAILY.