Friday, January 14, 2011

LaNee Graduates.

Shortly after finishing my Boone Life story about LaNee, I quickly realized that I wasn't done documenting her life. A couple weeks ago, LaNee finished her undergraduate career. As it was my first day reporting at the Columbia Missourian, I was able to write a story about the Arts & Science graduation and document her walking across the stage.

As a photographer, there are moments I document that leave me speechless. As I watched LaNee walk across the graduation stage with her son Jai, I was at a loss for words. The grace and poise she presented on the stage was a beautiful way for her to make a statement about her achievement. 

lanee_grad_01

lanee_grad_02A

No comments:

A little info.

My photo
I am recent graduate of the University of Missouri, majoring in photojournalism. Right now, I am a photo intern at The Dallas Morning News. Last year, I attended the Danish School of Media and Journalism in the International Photojournalism program. I love the journey of working on a photo story, the destination is never what was predicted.

ALL PHOTOS ARE THE PROPERTY OF EVE EDELHEIT, The Dallas Morning News, The Peoria Journal Star, The Chautauquan Daily. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. © 2008-2012 EVE EDELHEIT, THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, THE PEORIA JOURNAL STAR, THE CHAUTAUQUAN DAILY.