Saturday, February 20, 2010

On the Third day of Pongal...

"Hey Eve, there are a bunch of colored cows causing a traffic jam in Alkapoor..do you want to go take photos?"
My Uncle Adam knows me well. On the Third day of Pongal, the focus is shifted towards the cows that live in the community. They are covered with colored chalk and flower garlands. Some of the people were also putting chalk on each other. I have always wanted to see Holi, the festival in India where they throw colored chalk at people. So, this was a mini-Holi substitute.
There are more photos on my Flickr.

Colorfulcows_ENE_021510_2
Colorfulcows_ENE_021610

A little info.

My photo
I am recent graduate of the University of Missouri, majoring in photojournalism. Right now, I am a photo intern at The Dallas Morning News. Last year, I attended the Danish School of Media and Journalism in the International Photojournalism program. I love the journey of working on a photo story, the destination is never what was predicted.

ALL PHOTOS ARE THE PROPERTY OF EVE EDELHEIT, The Dallas Morning News, The Peoria Journal Star, The Chautauquan Daily. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. © 2008-2012 EVE EDELHEIT, THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, THE PEORIA JOURNAL STAR, THE CHAUTAUQUAN DAILY.