Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Different Perspective.

Tomorrow is the last day of my first class at DJH. I know this is getting repetitive, but this past month has flown by much faster than I ever anticipated. Between assignments, lectures and days filled with important critiques, my views on photojournalism are already evolving. Photos that I would have never considered working on, are now getting a double take. I used to be uncomfortable with images that had blur or were somewhat unfocused, but now I am beginning to see outside of my usual comfort zone.  I haven't really looked at my photos from India as much as I usually do right after a trip. It's been about a month or so since I left, and now I am really starting to edit. Waiting this long was a good choice. It's not only given me time to digest thoughts and feelings, and incorporate what I have learned in the past month here. Before this class, I would have thought the photo below was a bit too out of focus and moved on. But now, I see potential. A key lesson I have been taught in the past month is about expression. Mads always looks for the eyes...can you see them...what is the feeling...are the looking down..etc. Her face, her eyes make this photo. These lessons are exactly the reason why I wanted to be in this program.

20100121_1085_1_20100121

2 comments:

Sarah Hoffman said...

I LOVE this shot

Unknown said...

goWe met yesterday at my grandson's kindegarten. Thank you for introducing me to your extremely interesting blog. Best wishes!

A little info.

My photo
I am recent graduate of the University of Missouri, majoring in photojournalism. Right now, I am a photo intern at The Dallas Morning News. Last year, I attended the Danish School of Media and Journalism in the International Photojournalism program. I love the journey of working on a photo story, the destination is never what was predicted.

ALL PHOTOS ARE THE PROPERTY OF EVE EDELHEIT, The Dallas Morning News, The Peoria Journal Star, The Chautauquan Daily. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. © 2008-2012 EVE EDELHEIT, THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, THE PEORIA JOURNAL STAR, THE CHAUTAUQUAN DAILY.