Friday, March 19, 2010

Revealing Preview.

My teachers have been encouraging me to begin thinking about shooting more "personal" projects. As a photographer, we use the camera as a vehicle to reveal something about our subject. So, it's a little intimidating when the subject matter hits close to our own personal values. I decided to give it a try for our first assignment during the Copenhagen workshop. It was a free assignment, so we were able to choose anything. After some research and colorful conversations, I ended up at the Carolineskolen, a Jewish day school in Copenhagen.
I spent the day taking photos of the kindergarten as they focused on the upcoming holiday 
of Passover. I am sending the photos to the school for permission to post them, 
but here is a preview of the assignment.



20100317_CPH_JDS_05



No comments:

A little info.

My photo
I am recent graduate of the University of Missouri, majoring in photojournalism. Right now, I am a photo intern at The Dallas Morning News. Last year, I attended the Danish School of Media and Journalism in the International Photojournalism program. I love the journey of working on a photo story, the destination is never what was predicted.

ALL PHOTOS ARE THE PROPERTY OF EVE EDELHEIT, The Dallas Morning News, The Peoria Journal Star, The Chautauquan Daily. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. © 2008-2012 EVE EDELHEIT, THE DALLAS MORNING NEWS, THE PEORIA JOURNAL STAR, THE CHAUTAUQUAN DAILY.